On Wednesday, November 8, 2023, Teradata hosted a webinar with guest speakers from IDC on leadership and decision-making in the era of generative AI. The webinar coincided with the release of an IDC research study, sponsored by Teradata, examining the transformative role of generative AI in leadership and decision-making within organizations.
The webinar and research study are now available on demand. During the webinar, we asked live attendees some poll questions based on the research report and are excited to share the results here.
To better understand how AI is impacting organizational ability to improve business outcomes, IDC undertook a survey, sponsored by Teradata, of 900 organizations across the globe, focusing on chief data officers (CDOs), chief information officers (CIOs), and chief financial officers (CFOs). This study and the IDC InfoBrief, sponsored by Teradata, Leadership and Decision Making in the Era of Generative AI published in November 2023, reveal characteristics of organizations with the greatest improvement in AI-driven decisioning, which strongly correlates with better business outcomes.
Read the study
The webinar is dedicated to exploring key insights derived from the recent IDC study and how Teradata is leveraging harmonized data and trusted AI/ML to enable more confident decision-making. The panelists delve into their most surprising findings and share their own perspectives.
Guest speakers from IDC and Teradata underscore the transformative moment we're at with generative AI and its profound impact on organizational strategies and outcomes. The study’s findings shed light on the disparities between AI pioneers and those lagging behind, revealing that only 11% of organizations are truly leading in AI-driven decision-making.
What you’ll learn
Discover how your organization can apply insights from the IDC research study to improve business results. Gain a deeper understanding of how AI is reshaping business outcomes and the distinct advantages that AI leaders hold over their peers. Learn why Teradata is perfectly positioned to provide the best data integration and harmonization for any size of data, and get a closer look at our latest offering: Teradata ask.ai, a new generative AI capability for VantageCloud Lake that allows anyone to ask questions of their organization’s data and receive instant responses.
Watch the recording
- Dan Vesset, Group Vice President at IDC
- Chandana Gopal, Research Director at IDC
- Chris Twogood, Senior Vice President of Product Marketing at Teradata
- Dr. Vedat Akgun, Vice President of Data Science and AI at Teradata
During the webinar, attendees participated in live polls, offering a snapshot of the current state of AI's impact on businesses, challenges encountered in data management, obstacles to AI adoption, and readiness for generative AI. Below is a summary of their responses:
- Impact of AI on business. Fifty-eight percent of respondents believe that AI-driven decisions are already having a significant impact on key business drivers at their company, such as market share and profitability, while 32% are unsure.
- Data complexity challenges. Forty-one percent of respondents say that ensuring data quality and integrity is the biggest data complexity challenge they've encountered in their organization, while 25% say managing diverse data sets is the biggest complexity challenge.
- Hesitancy in AI adoption. According to the respondents in our poll, a lack of understanding, a lack of expertise, and budget constraints are the main reasons some organizations are hesitant to operationalize AI and advanced analytics processes. Concerns about data security and privacy were mentioned by only 14% of respondents.
- Generative AI readiness. When asked about their organization’s preparation to leverage generative AI effectively, 30.4% of webinar attendees felt their organization was somewhat prepared, 26.1% felt their organization was not adequately prepared, 26.1% weren't sure, and 17.4% felt their organization was well prepared.
As the journey toward AI maturity continues, we hope these insights can help to guide your strategic approach. Watch the webinar recording and read the full IDC InfoBrief to keep your organization at the forefront of AI-driven decision-making.